It can be really painful and hurtful when you have to put up with sprained ankle. Once it happens, it does not only make you feel hurt as hell but also knock you off your daily routine.
This is quite a common issue so there might be lots of reasons triggering this pain. Ankle sprains is usually described as inversion sprains and it mostly be caused when only one foot turn inward. In such case, it cause injuries in the ligaments on the outside of ankle. People who constantly have to put up with this sprained ankle are those who usually on the move such as athletes, basketball players, runners and even swimmers.
Normally, this is not at all big a deal, however, if you left it untreated for quite a long time, chances are it might cause swelling, discoloration and most of all intense pain. Therefore, the best way to save you from troubles later on as well as to shorten the time of healing, you had better take action.
Fortunately, this is more likely to be the treatable problem, you might not have to visit doctor. First, you can make use of natural remedies within your house or your kitchen so that it might help to relieve the pain before going to doctor. Following are some common remedies for you to take into consideration in the first place.
Normally, it will be really helpful when you treat the pain with ice. Ice are good, though if you want to treat sprained ankle right away for it could help numbing the pain effectively.
This is what you need to do:
- Take out one ice bowl.
- Wrap them with clean cloth.
- Directly rub the wrap over the affected areas for them to get chilled.
- Replace with new ones if they melt.
Turmeric is too famous for being rich in natural anti-inflammatory, all natural anti-inflammatory properties, which are key to elevate the pain without a doubt. Plus, the tip with turmeric is super simple and here is how you should to it.
- Take out one teaspoon of tumeric then dissolve with a spoonful honey.
- Add along with a cup of warm water to drink.
- The best time to drink is in the morning as you wake up or the night before you are about to head to bed.
- Olive Oil
Olive oil is a well-known treatment for not only some beauty problems, including thickening your eyebrows, but also sprained ankle. This versatile oil can treat many problem of sprained ankle, of course is not the exception. This mild oil has healing properties so that it can alleviate the pain within the affected areas without causing burning and itching sensation.
The tip of using olive oil is simple as you need to rub rightful amount of olive oil then directly rub over the pain. You keep gently rubbing the affected areas until you find satisfied result.
Normally it will take about 5 to 10 days for the pain to be relieved.
Some people might think that onion might stink, in fact it is true. However, it can be really helpful when it comes to treating the pain. You only need to make use of onion daily and you will probably find your sprained ankle might be gone for about few days.
It might be a little more complicated when you use onion, however, it is worth the trying.
Here is how to make use of onion to treat sprained ankle:
- Chop one onion into pieces.
- Chill them in the fridge for about 10 to 15 minutes perday.
- Mix the chilled pieces with salt (Epsom salt)
- Directly apply the mixture over the affected areas.
- Keep rubbing the mixture until it turns warm and change with the new wrap one.
- You can massage after that for about a while.
- Rinsing off your feet with water to avoid the stink.
This arnica is not what people generally find in their kitchen. In fact, it is a natural type of analgesic that can make it ways among wonderful natural remedies in helping you dealing with sprained ankle.
In order to make the most of this arnica, you had better follow this recipe:
- Mix up one spoonful of arnica essential oil with decent amount of olive oil and coconut oil.
- Heat up the mixture in the microwave under 5 seconds.
- Gently massage the pain with this heated oil over the affected areas.
- Repeat this treatment few times a day until you find the ankle feel better.
Finally, for things that you should consume, you had better make use of cabbage. This type of vegetable, as recommended, might even give better result compared to onion. The reason for this is that cabbage is packed with phytonutrients, the property that help speeding up the healing process. The simplest way is to eat boiled cabbage daily. Besides, if you want to fasten the healing process, it is good to make use of cabbage to treat the strained part externally.
Similar to the above, you will need to take out the juice of cabbage then heat up that fluid in the microwave. Make sure it is not to hot then use the fluid to massage the pain every day.
About the Author:
This article is written by Ashley Bennet, a senior contributor of Authority Remedies. She has worked and trained in the field of Nutrition and Health for over 3 years, consistently providing people with useful information about nutrition as well as helping them with their common health problems.